John Barrett Hawkins
Author | Youth Speaker | Business Coach

Contests

 

CRITIQUE THE AUTHOR CONTEST: HUGE PRIZE FOR WINNER

 

  • From September 1 – November 30, I will conduct a contest where readers offer constructive criticism and creative ideas to improve my book The Dirty Nasty Truth.

  • The winner of the contest will have their name printed on the book’s front cover as co-author, and be paid 10% of the author royalty. The remaining 90% of the author’s royalty will be paid into a victim’s relief fund.

  • The winner will also be allowed to purchase books at cost and resell them from their own website or seminars if they are a public speaker.

 

 

WHO CAN WIN?

 

  • Anyone who offers me ideas to improve the book.

  • Parents, teachers, counselors, psychologists, or juvenile justice personnel who provide additional material to help deter juvenile delinquency (the book's primary mission).

  • Teenagers who offer insight into teen issues or perhaps contribute a thought-provoking story.

  • Authors, readers or editors who take a red end to the book and improve the narrative.

 

 

 

WHAT’S THE CRITERIA FOR DETERMINING THE CONTEST WINNER?

It's totally subjective and up to me. The winner will be the person who makes the most significant contribution in terms of improving the book’s content and/or its marketability.

 

 

HOW MUCH IS 10% OF THE AUTHOR’S ROYALTY?

The author royalty is 20% of the book’s gross profit, which is defined as the sale price of the book, minus the cost of distribution and printing. Distribution costs range from 40% for books sold through Amazon.com to 55% for books sold by the wholesaler Ingram. Printing cost  are $4.25 per book.

 

John Barrett Hawkins
Monthly Newsletter Sign-up
Name Email
Social Networks